Tuesday, May 29, 2012

That's It! The Boycott Is On

As I have written before, I am a huge fan of Charlotte, North Carolina.  Yes, it's a little hot, and the Bobcats suck, but it is still a hip little town.  There are plenty of things to do, places to go and see, nice little restaurants that serve good food. What I am not a fan of is the road situation in Charlotte for the impending Democratic National Convention.  If this weekend's race is anything indication of what it is going to be like with the Democrats in town then I would reconsider seriously coming to the Convention. 

Compounding the problem is the idea that Charlotte is ferociously trying to repave and resurface many of the major arteries in town now as well.  This leads to ROUGH conditions on some of the very roads that President and the left leaners will be traveling to party, and do whatever else it is they do at a national convention.  This is now why I have chosen to start my full on boycott of Charlotte for the Democratic National Convention.  Again it is not that I hate Charlotte, nor will I not participate in the goings on IF I live in Charlotte at the time, but should I not live there you can count me out. 

With traffic jams, and crappy road, those who are attending can expect to be spending some dough on either gas, repairs, or both.  That is less money to spend on a nice meal in one of the many restaurants, tickets to the many art museums, or even tickets to a big time concert.  This is why, should I not be living in Charlotte, I will not be participating.  I urge all of you who might be considering going, to reconsider seriously. If you do go, reconfigure your budget for gas by as much as three tanks of gas.  You will burn that much if not more on sitting in traffic.  Also budget into your plans a re-alignment of your tires once you get back.  You will need it.

So again, this is a call for all those considering attendance at the Democratic National Convention to reconsider.  If you do go, adjust your budget for plenty of gas, and reconsider spending it on anything but the bare essentials.  This sucks, but Charlotte needs to understand that while road work is progress, doing so in the middle of the highest gas prices in years is not a good idea.   

No comments:

Post a Comment