Thursday, February 16, 2012

Something Is Wrong With This Picture

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lucas-kavner/who-is-paul-mccartney_b_1276287.html


I wanted to take a break from politics for just a second and comment on how disturbing this was.  I read this article in the presence of a group of high schoolers and here are the responses I got.

"Who is Paul McCartney?"
"I don't know who that is, but that's music from your day so it's ok."
"I know I should know who he is but I don't"
"Is he a folk singer?"
"Isn't he in that band?"

Yes Virginia, he was in that band...THE BEATLES. The Beatles..only the most influential band of this or maybe even any other time in the history of man kind.  As Steve Job put it "The Rolling Stone would have been done, but no one can do The Beatles."

What a role reversal? A one point in our nation's history, the teacher not the student would have been asking "Isn't he in that band?"




No comments:

Post a Comment