Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tennessee Reads The Leaves But It's Not My Cup Of Tea

I had written that Tennessee is a good judge of Republican horse flesh, and I must say that yesterday's Super Tuesday showing is a good proof.  Rick Santorum is  the most Republican of the Republican running.  I am not simply saying that because I feel like I need to defend myself, I am simply stating fact.  Santorum was/is/will never be my man, but most Tennesseans thought him a good pick.

So what do I think Super Tuesday means for the Republican field? I think like most pundits that sadly Ron Paul may well drop out after a sad showing in Virginia where he was one of two on the ballot, and near no-shows other in other states.  I think Newt Gingrich is out as well even with his home state in his back pocket, but there may well be something in the making for a lock on VP nods.  I think Santorum may well swing voters by trying to lock in a VP, as might Mitt Romney. 

There really is nothing else I can say that has not been said by the talking heads, but I did want to eat crow with my predictions.  I still support my assumption that Tennessee is due some credit as a reader of the leaves when it comes to Republicans.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like a 60/40 in Va isn't anything to sniff at-- clearly, the 40% wanted something different. I agree about the tea leaves.
    BTW-- this is Amber, forgot to say before. Love the blog, just don't comment a lot!

    ReplyDelete