Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From My Cold Dead, Sugary Hands

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/02/banning-the-big-gulp-and-taxing-sodas-are-lousy-solutions-to-the-obesity-problem.html

I am not usually one for allowing the government to tell me what to eat, drink or consume, but in this case I cannot more agree the government telling me to stop eating, drinking, and consuming.  I would take my opinion further and say that I cannot agree with the government more in telling Americans eating, drinking, and consuming.

Michael Bloomberg of New York City recently purposed a ban on large sugary drinking from being served in the city.  Honestly, I cannot agree more. It has been proven time and time again that Americans cannot control themselves when it comes to bad food, drink, and consumables.  Who then should step in to govern what we eat, drink, and consumer but the government..huumm what a novel concept.

The government governing for the common good is the foundation of The United States Of America.  Granted there is a long string of attempts that have failed but with large sodas, I cannot see a real problem.  I see sodas somewhere along the same line as roads, the military, and education.  Obviously, Americans have a long history of trying to run such institutions and have failed, so why should we argue against the government keeping us from drinking drinks that will one day kill us?


No comments:

Post a Comment